What do we collect? (We may collect the following information)
– Name and job title
– Contact Information including email address
– Demographic information i.e postcode, preferences and interests
other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What do we do with the information we gather?
– Understand your requirements and provide an excellent service level
– Use the information to improve our products and services.
– Promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information via email address (only if we think this may be of interest to you).
– Market research purposes either by email, phone or mail.
– Improve our website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information by writing to or emailing us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you, but these are used for business purposes only and are as a result of your initial contact to us.
We recognise and will always adhere to the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) EU2016/679.
A small fee will be payable of £25 plus VAT, to cover administration costs and time.
If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Hatches Ltd.
If you believe that any information, we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Terms & Conditions of Sale
Orders & Contract:
- Quotations are valid for 14 days.
- Hatches Ltd terms and conditions (this document) is to be signed and dated as acceptance of our sale guidelines. Once signed and dated, you enter into a legally binding contract with Hatches Ltd and are expected to adhere to all terms & conditions.
- Hatches Ltd offer a supply only contract.
- Cancellation of Order: If you decide to cancel your order after acceptance by Hatches Ltd, we hold the right to charge you for any costs incurred.
- If you are not ready for delivery when arranged, storage fees will be charged at a weekly rate, minimum of 0.5% of contract value.
- Delivery/Collection must be arranged prior with Hatches Ltd. You must make arrangements necessary to sign for delivery of the products and accept as being fit for purpose.
- Our products are manufactured to your order and we are not liable for any delays in delivery due to events or circumstances outside of our control.
- Our prices are subject to VAT at the current rate.
- Our standard payment terms require 50% deposit with order, and 50% balance due once the goods are made awaiting factory despatch. Payment is accepted by means of cash, cheque/cleared funds, direct bank payment to Hatches Ltd or debit /credit card.
- If payments are made by credit card a 2% processing fee will be added to the payment balance.
- Payments made by credit and/or debit cards are subject to a processing lead time of 17 working days for cleared funds.
- Manufacturing will not commence until cleared funds are available.
- The company shall have no liability to the customer if the price for the products has not been paid in full by the due date for payment.
- Hatches Ltd will manufacture the products to the signed copy (customer to sign) of the manufacturing order.
- Any changes to manufacturing order may affect lead time.
- Delay in approval of manufacturing order and/or delay in payment may affect lead times and delivery.
- Hatches Ltd reserves the right to make changes to the specifications of the products to adhere to guidelines set out by law. These may be applicable safety requirements or manufacturing requirements provided that they do not have an adverse affect on the quality of performance of the products.
Property & Risk:
- The risk of damage to your products passes to you once delivered/collected.
- If we deliver products before receiving full payment for them, those products remain our property, so long as they remain unfixed, until we have been paid in full, and we may enter the site to collect them.
- Warranty: we warrant that our products will be: (a) free from any material defects in design, materials or workmanship; (b) of satisfactory quality; and (c) fit for use for the purposes for which we supply them.
- Drawings and photographs on our website and in our paper or digital catalogues and sample products in our showrooms are only illustrations of typical products. The illustrations and samples you see are not part of the product specification and delivered products may vary slightly.
- If you provide us with measurements for your products, or ask us to scale measurements from drawings, it is your responsibility to ensure that those measurements are accurate and we will not be liable for any loss or expense resulting from inaccuracies. Please ensure all is correct on manufacturing order before signed and dated.
- Hatches Ltd shall have no liability to the customer if the price for the products and/or the services has not been paid in full by the due date for payment.
- Hatches Ltd shall have no liability to the Customer for any consequential, financial, economic or other loss (including loss of profits and/or damage to good
- Our guarantee states that doors and window sets hold warranty with Hatches Ltd for 10 years materials and manufacturing, 8 years for paint finishes (subject to colour); and 5 years for stain finishes, double glazed sealed cavity units for 5 years; and factory-fitted furniture (handles, etc) for 5 years.
- Hatches ltd will hold no liability for installation of products.
- Any ironmongery/decorative furniture installed that was not fitted by the factory holds no warranty with Hatches Ltd and instead, any defects should be held liable with the supplier.
- Our guarantee does not extend to defects attributable to fair wear and tear, deliberate or careless damage, or use of the products in an abnormal location/conditions.
Some paint or stain finishes will show colour variations over time, and dark paint finishes can be susceptible to UV discolouration:such variations or natural discolouration are NOT defects and are NOT covered by warranty.
We do not guarantee factory-fitted furniture against the natural process of rusting, nor brass items against the natural process oftarnishing.
If we are held to be in breach of contract to you in any way or to have misrepresented any facts, our liability will be limited toreplacing the products or refunding the price you have paid. We will not be liable to you for any additional cost or expense, loss ofanticipated savings, loss of business or goodwill, loss of profit, loss of opportunity or any kind of special, indirect or consequentialloss or damage. This does not restrict our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of ouremployees. Nor will we be liable to you in any way for any innocent misrepresentation made to you in the course of negotiationsleading to our contract.
‘We’ in these terms and conditions means Hatches Ltd. ‘You’ refers to the person who places the order with us. ‘Products’ are thedoors, window sets or other goods we agree to supply. A ‘trade buyer’ is any customer who is not a consumer.
English law will apply to our contract. No third party has any rights under the contract.